Monday, July 11, 2011

Quite a Scare

This past Sunday, July 10th, Matt and I were excited to be celebrating one year since we got engaged. We love special days so we were planning to watch a movie, cook dinner and go for a walk at Shakespeare (the place where we got engaged). We also were going to shop at JCPenney's because I need a few tops for church.

Right after I got home from church, I noticed I was having some blurred vision. I read a little bit online and decided it was probably nothing so we just went about our plans. When we left the apartment, we went to JCP and I started to get a headache. After being in JCP for less than 5 minutes, my vision  became more and more blurry and my headache worsened. Matt and I decided I should go to Pri-Med to get checked out.

Once we arrived there, my headache was much worse and the vision was blurring more too. The nurse took a sinus x-ray and the doctor determined I had a pretty bad sinus infection and they gave me two shots. One for pain and one that was an antibiotic. The doctor was still a little concerned since I have no prior history of major headaches and gave me an order to head to the ER to get a CT scan. At this point, as soon as the doctor gave me those shots, my headache went away!!!

We headed to the ER just to be safe. Thankfully, the ER wasn't busy. We got the CT scan which quickly came back negative and we headed home. It was a crazy experience to say the least but I'm glad to know that it is just a sinus infection and something that can be taken care of quickly and easily. The weirdest part was that I had no other signs of infection until this horrible headache blurred vision started.

I took the day off today from work and I am glad I did. I feel so much better today. And by the way, my husband is an awesome nurse. I'll keep him!

Til then-
Did You Hear About the Morgans?

No comments:

Post a Comment