Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stones for Bread {A Book Review}


This is a book review for BookSneeze but as always, all opinions are my own. 

I received this book almost three months ago right around the time Mason was born so I have just gotten to read it in the last two weeks. When I started reading, I was a little mad at myself for not reading sooner! It was such a great book!

Side note: As tired as I was for the first 3-4 weeks of Mason's life, there is NO way I could have ready anyway. I'm glad I was able to enjoy that time just focused on him and that super fun stage. 

That being said, now that we are sleeping well consistently, I am enjoying getting back to reading. 

This novel written by Christa Parrish is, in my opinion, somewhat complex (in a good way). The book intertwines a modern day story a bread baker, her past history including her Mom's death, and some biblical principles/stories, and it also includes some of the bread recipes mentioned within the story. It was so fun for me to read. 

I enjoyed the mix of the difference perspectives all within one book. My favorite portion of the book was the present day portion because it was a mix of baking, love and life in general. After reading this book, I would be interested in reading more of Christa's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment