1. You can properly pronounce Lecompte, Lafayette, Ponchatoula, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Shongaloo, Tangipahoa, Pontchartrain, Avoyelles, Times Picayune, Lafourche, Ouachita, and Atchafalaya, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long 'E' sound anywhere in it.
2. You think other people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
3. Newspapers make the best table cloths when setting the table for a crawfish boil.
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor or a sugar cane truck on the highway.
5. You've had to switch from 'heat' to 'A/C' all on the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You've seen peopl e wear bib overalls or LSU shirts at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes, not miles.
11. Little Smokies and anything on a Ritz cracker are something you serve only on special occasions.
12. You go to the lake because you think it is kind of like going to the ocean.
13. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit to wear each day.
14. You know cow pies are not made of beef.
15. People you know have used an LSU or Saint's football schedule to plan their wedding date.
16. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
17. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
18. You aren't surprised to find movie rentals, ammunition, beer, pickled pig's feet, and bait all in the same store.
1 9. Your 'place at the lake' has wheels under it or 8 foot pilings.
20. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy or Ford Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
21. You know everything goes better with ' Tabasco '.
22. You learned how to shoot a gun and bait a hook before you learned how to multiply.
23. You actually get these jokes and are 'fixin' to send them to your friends before 'makin' groceries, or goin' by your mama's.
24. Red beans and rice are ALWAYS served on Mondays.
25. Po-Boys have nothing to do with one's economic status.
26. Katrina and Rita are no longer acceptable names for newborn baby girls.
27. AND THE 'F' WORD is now pronounced FEMA.
Finally, you are a 100% Louisianan if you have EVER had this conversation: