Monday, January 7, 2019

The Better Mom Devotional by Ruth Schwenk {A Devotional Review}



This past year, I really started reading the Bible consistently while also incorporating devotionals into my daily time as well. This year, I started with The Better Mom Devotional by Ruth Schwenk. 

As always, I have not completed this whole devotional because I'm only reading one entry a day but I have a week plus under my belt and I feel confident in reviewing it. 

The Better Mom Devotional is biblically based providing a 1-2 page excerpt by the author each day along with a poignant prayer and scripture as well as two questions to reflect on. 

The days I have read so far have shared information about parenting as well as marriage and even household related topics. I am enjoying this very much and I think the questions are important for me to help me refer back to what I just read. 

I think this devotional would be great for a new mom or a mom in any season of life especially young motherhood. 

Also, if you aren't reading a devotional of some sort, I highly recommend it. It's a great way to get help with scripture application. 


No comments:

Post a Comment