Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Birthday Month!

As I have said before multiple times, I love birthdays especially my own. It doesn't have to be extravagant but I love knowing that there is a special time that is just about you to be loved on etc. Anyway, this year was my first birthday as a married woman and Matt had me super excited. I actually got a whole BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! I know, I know, he's awesome!

Each day, he would write a short little note, sometimes just 1-2 sentences and have a little treat for me. Sometimes is was something tangible like a vase of flowers or a slinky but other times it was a note saying I could have a backrub or that he would do the dishes. Each day I was excited about the treat and my sweet husband was pumped to give the treats too.

Since July, we had been planning a long weekend in South Carolina over my birthday weekend. We had plans to stay with Matt's grandparents (we love them). We were thrilled but as things go, we decided not to go last minutes because Hurricane Irene was heading that way and we didn't want to get caught in it. We changed our plans and ended up going to Birmingham for a night and we had a great time.

Saturday, I met Rachel for lunch and then Matt took me shopping and let me buy whatever I wanted! Saturday night, we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (OH MY!) for dinner. We stayed that night in Birmingham and Sunday morning we had breakfast at a new restaurant called "The Egg and I". It was also delicious. Sunday and Monday were relaxing days. We read a lot, watched movies and worked on some of our DIY Christmas gifts.

Oh wait, one of my favorite parts was the sweet gifts I got on my actual birthday. I have been talking about wanting to learn to decorate cakes as a hobby and also to have as possible extra income one day. My sweet husband bought me all kinds of great cake decorating tools etc. He also baked a cake for my birthday for me to decorate. The icing we made was too thick so all we did was ice it but this weekend, my mom is coming into town and we are going to make a Saints Football cake. I'll post pictures soon!

Overall, it was a great weekend and month, for that matter. Some of the pictures from the weekend are below. Enjoy! (by the way, my husband got a new camera lens so he was enjoying taking pictures. That's why there are so many!)


The Birthday girl!


The Mr. and the Birthday Girl


Close your eyes!


Me again :)


Me blowing out the candles!


I was born at 4:48 p.m. so we took a picture :)


All of the great gifts!!!







Til Then-
Did You Hear About the Morgans?

No comments:

Post a Comment