Monday, January 14, 2013

A HUGE Leap of Faith

6 years ago on January 14th, 2007, I left the small town where I was raised and I headed 3 1/2 hours down/up the road to start graduate school. About one month prior to that I had just finished undergraduate and was a few days before graduation and I headed to Monroe, LA to visit the school that I had committed to and I got scared. So scared that I didn't even visit the school and I came directly back home.

Through a series of events which involved...
my mom getting me an apartment in the town I grew up in,
me talking to a dear, dear friend about the situation and her saying that I had to go back and I couldn't change my mind,
me telling my mom
mom having to tell the apartment people that I had changed my mind (within a 2 hour period) and
my deciding that I really did have to be in Monroe, LA for graduate school in order to grow and change...

I ended up on the road on 1/14/07 and just one week later, I started graduate school. While I was there, not only did I learn the tools of my trade as a speech language pathologist but I met friends who I'll keep for a life time. I grew as a Christian. I grew as a person. I grew in so many ways.

Graduate school also took me to Birmingham for my internship and then I made it to Montgomery for my first job and in Montgomery, I met Matt.

The rest.....is history :)


1 comment:

  1. It's so funny to look back and see those pivotal moments in life, isn't it? Glad you decided to go back!

    ReplyDelete