Monday, March 10, 2014

MOPS {Mothers of Preschoolers}

Before Mason was born I had already decided that I was going to need to be purposeful in finding other moms to connect with. I am a very social person by nature but I knew that the transition to being a mom with a new (awesome) schedule and set of responsibilities had the possibility of turning me into a bit of a hermit.

I am a part of a Moms group with NewSpring and I enjoy that when I'm able to attend. I had also heard some wonderful things about MOPS. I read a lot of information on their website and found out that we have a local chapter.

I was so excited to get connected so I joined at the first of the year when Mason was just 12 weeks old! I have been 4 times already and have met some incredible moms. Each session includes yummy food, table discussion, mentoring from our mentor moms, videos, crafts etc. It's such a fun time for me.

We meet every 2 weeks which is perfect for us right now. If you are a mom, I would definitely look into finding a MOPS group nearby. Our group meets in the morning but some groups meet in the evenings which is good for day time working moms.

Here's a link to the website: www.mops.org






No comments:

Post a Comment