Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Top Books of 2018 {January to June}

It's July 1st and I've finished 48 books so far! I'm in the middle of two more but those will be for this next half of the year. :) Here are some of my favorites so far! (Forgive the spacing, my computer wouldn't put everything left-aligned or center so there is some of both. 😑) 

High Cotton by Debby Mayne

Image result for high cotton by debby mayne

High Cotton is the first book in a new series by Debby Mayne and the southern flair had me cracking up and nodding my head the whole time. It's a light-hearted read with a few twists here and there and it was just a fun late spring read for me. 



The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth

Image result for the family next door

Hepworth's books are always enjoyable to me and this one was no different. Man, this one was HEAVY! So many life-like situations that took place that had me reeling and just when I had it figured it, I didn't! 

 29 Gifts: How a month of giving can change your life by Cami Walker
Image result for 29 gifts by cami walker
A friend saw this one and recommended it to me. I don't agree with some of the new-age discussions in the book but the concept of giving is an incredible one and I gleaned a great deal from this book while learning about how Cami Walker gave for a month and it changed her life! 

A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer


Image result for a nantucket wedding nancy thayer

I mean, I read everyone of her books this year and this one was the newest one and I loved it just like all of the others. I highly recommend her books. Fun reads with a bit of drama and all of the Nantucket glory. :) 

The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers


Image result for the masterpiece by francine rivers

Francine Rivers is the author of my favorite book of all time and, to my knowledge, the only book I've read more than once, Redeeming Love. I've read her other books but not enjoyed them as much. However, I heard great things about The Masterpiece and they all held true. This book was long but I read in record time. I love the way she threads God's truths into her fictional stories. The characters she developed and their lives are incredible. READ IT! 

The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand


Image result for the perfect couple elin hilderbrand

Hilderbrand did it again and honestly, I think this may be my favorite thus far. The mystery of a who-done-it storyline along with the dysfunction of families that we come to know of with Hilderbrand's stories. I loved this so much and in the end, I found out that I'm not a good figurer-outer. I'm always wrong. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment