Monday, October 29, 2018

All the Colors We Will See by Patrice Gopo {A Book Review}


All the Colors We Will See by Patrice Gopo was an incredible and inspiring book. In the past, for whatever reason, I have not read many books by non-white authors and I'm trying to change that especially when it comes to non-fiction books. I want to learn from the perspective of all walks of life. I recently read I'm Still Here by Austin Channing Brown and then I followed up with this book. It was a good choice! 

I enjoyed the essay collection because it was easy to read a bit and then pick back up later and be able to read in 5-10 minute chunks. That also allowed time for reflection. Patrice grew up in Anchorage, Alaska, the daughter of Jamaican immigrants. She has lived in many different places and spaces and has found herself being "different" often. In her essays, she shares her experiences, feelings and the opportunities she has had to discuss those differences with others. 

I think this is a bold book and I am grateful Patrice wrote it. I think that the faith aspect has potential to bridge a huge gap in our culture today. I definitely recommend it! 

**Thank you, BookLook Bloggers, for this book!**

No comments:

Post a Comment