Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Finding Gobi For Little Ones by Dion Leonard {A Children's Book Review}



Finding Gobi for Little Ones by Dion Leonard was such a sweet little story. I didn't realize until after we had read it the first time that it is based on a true story. That made me enjoy it even more! 

My kids are suckers for a book with a animal/pet as the character. I don't know if it's because we don't have pets yet or if they are just drawn to animals because they are kids but they loved this story because of the dog. 

The story of friendship that is shared between Dion and Gobi as Gobi is found in the desert by Dion as he runs an ultramarathon is so neat. Obviously, this story is for kids so it is shortened but it definitely left me wanting to read the full story in the non-fiction book that Dion wrote. I loved the unconditional love aspect of the story. Inspiring. 

I loved the illustrations in this book. They were more lifelike in a way and had just something so fun about them! We will put this book in our gift stash to gift to a friend one day but we enjoyed reading it a few times first. 

**I received a copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers. Opinions are my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment