Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nursing Home Fun

For those of you who don't know, I am a Speech Language Pathologist and I work at a Continuing Care Retirement Community. I LOVE my job for many reasons and some days it can drive me crazy BUT today we had a good laugh!

We have a skilled nursing unit which is where I am most of the time and the majority of the residents in the skilled unit have some form of dementia. Several of our residents have almost completely diminished short term/immediate memory recall. Two of those residents are far advanced in their dementia and are really two of the cutest elderly people.

Anyway, recently these two residents have developed a crush on each other! It was so sweet and cute UNTIL the male resident started to coax the female resident! I'll leave it at that and please know that our staff including nurses etc is aware and are taking care of each resident so that nothing inappropriate happens but it is so cute to see those two flirting!

Just know that apparently, no matter how much happens as you age, you still like to flirt with the other gender. It is precious!

Happy Saturday and Geaux Tigers!


No comments:

Post a Comment