Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Why I Hate Green Beans by Lincee Ray {A Book Review}


Why I Hate Green Beans: And Other Confessions about Relationships, Reality TV, and How We See Ourselves by Lincee Ray was a fun arrival in my mailbox last week. I enjoy reviewing books always but when I get to read a highly anticipated one before it releases, it feels extra exciting! 

Lincee Ray is the writer of IHateGreenBeans.com which she started years ago to share her recaps of The Bachelor. I recall reading the occasional post by her over the years but when I saw her book was coming out, I immediately recalled the name and knew I wanted to read it. 

I flew through this book! Why I Hate Green Beans is humorous, well-written and heart-felt. I love Ray's writing style and honestly, you feel like you are her best friend with each line that you read. She's incredibly relatable and allows her real-life stories to be topics in her book in an effort to draw us into the pages. 

I loved reading about how Ray's blog went from something small to something that grew faster than she could believe and how that opened doors for her in many new ways as well. I think anyone could relate to Ray's book on one level or another. If you're looking for a fun read with a lot of laughs as well as some teachable moments, this is it! 

Also, you'll find out why she hates green beans. ;-) 

**I Received this book from Revell.**




No comments:

Post a Comment