Saturday, January 31, 2015

For the Right Reasons by Sean Lowe {A Book Review}


Let's get right to it, I don't watch the The Bachelor or The Bachelorette BUT I read Sean Lowe's sister's (Shay) blog so I began following his story a bit that way and I have always admired his belief system despite being in the spotlight. When I saw For the Right Reasons by Sean Lowe up for review, I at least wanted to check it out. 

Yesterday, my son was a bit under the weather so there was lots of snuggling in our house and I read this whole book in one day! And, if you condensed the time, I probably finished in about 3 hours. I couldn't put it down. In the book, For the Right Reasons, Sean shares about his life before the TV shows and that was honestly probably my favorite part. He shared a bit about growing up, football, college and life issues. He shares about how he got onto the shows and shares some inside details which were definitely fun and surprising. He gives insight into what his new relationship with Catherine was like and how it changed and grew. And he just closes the book right up with a little bit about their wedding which was small (not!). :)

Here's what I loved about the book: Sean was super honest (to the extent that he could be in a book like this without it being 500 pages long) about how his faith wavered at times in his life and about how he made big career mistakes. He shares about how God taught him and humbled him which I could connect with as a Christian. I also thought that Sean did a great job connecting with any type of audience through the book. I enjoyed it most as a Christian but I also think non-Christians could relate and those who are Bachelor and Bachelorette fans will definitely like it no matter what. 

I hope Sean will write another book one day, maybe with Catherine! :)

I review for BookLook Bloggers


1 comment:

  1. Sean is my all time favorite bachelor! Need to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete