Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Morgan Family Staycation 2015 {Day 8 & 9}

The last two days of Staycation were just as fun as the first seven! We started off the day making yummy sausage and cheese biscuits and fruit salad for breakfast and Grandmom and Granddad joined us! Breakfast was so good and we enjoyed some fun visit time with them. They got to see Mason play and run wild in the house and they loved that! So did we! 
 


Later on, we watched the rest of Winnie the Pooh. And for lunch we had leftovers of mac and cheese mixed with leftover sausage, sweet potatoes, and fruit salad. 


After nap time, Matt went to QT and got a few of their discounted pastries (they discount them after 3pm) and we enjoyed some time outside! 







Oh, and I got a little back massage! 

Dinner was BLT's and Pasta Salad and it was SOOOO good! 

Sunday began our last day of Staycation and although we were sad to see it go, we were actually excited to start the week because I had gotten a call to work all week for a couple of hours each day. This is a big deal for a PRN therapist like me and I was able to make it work because Matt is working overnights and I could slip out to work during nap. HUGE blessing for us! 

Sunday began Mason's fascination with climbing (and it has just escalated from there!). 

Matt old me to slip out of the house for a bit for a free Bruster's ice cream treat and a little reading time. 

Lunch and dinner were hodge podge and we spent the day watching football. And I used a cake mix I got on clearance at Aldi to make a yummy dessert. Red and green velvet cake. I subbed applesauce for eggs and it was so good! 

Clearly, Mason was a fan! 


Staycation ended with my guys snuggling up for their nightly Curious George session. (Usually the only TV we watch when we aren't staycationing. We rotted our brains with TV this week. :)) And I read and watched them.

This week was incredible for us. It was relaxing, refreshing and PERFECT timing! 

If you are considering a staycation, DO IT!!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment