Friday, January 30, 2015

The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith {A Book Review}


When I saw that The 13th Gift was up for review, I was intrigued on one hand and on the other hand, I was turned off. I was turned off because Christmas had passed already and I wasn't sure it would be as interesting to me. I'm glad I picked it to read anyway because this little inspirational true story was just right for me right now. 

My husband has been working overnight shifts and when he leaves for the night I'm so tired that light reading is all I need. The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith fit that bill perfectly. 

The book tells the story of a family who lost the head of their household and were just not in the Christmas spirit--at all! Just before Christmas, an anonymous group of people who labeled themselves "true friends" began leaving small gifts for the family on their doorstep. The real story though is how those gifts began to transform the family who received them and for that, you'll have to check out the book. 

This book is of a true story so that gains major points for me because it's super genuine. The way the story was written is just incredible and simple and honestly, just right. Not too fluffy or too dull. Stories like these need to be shared more often! 

I loved this book and read it within a matter of hours and I highly recommend it to anyone who need a little extra inspiration in their life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment