Thursday, May 14, 2015

Beyond Believing by D.D. Marx {Book Review}


*Before I get into the review/my thoughts about the book, Let me first say I was a little nervous about reading it because it's considered PG-13 with a little bit of profanity and I'm accustomed to reading more contemporary Christian fiction. I said from the beginning that I wouldn't let that impact my thoughts on the overall book. *

Beyond Believing by D.D. Marx was such a good read! It is fun, sweet and romantic! 
The book tells the story of Olivia and some of her best friends, sharing some of their stories from childhood and into high school as it sets the background for the real part of the story. 

Olivia gets news of a friend's death and her life gets turned upside down. Through a series of events with Olivia's job and events in the lives of others, she ends up finding love in the most unexpected of places. 

I loved the overall arching theme in the story that Olivia felt like the spirit of her deceased friend was guiding her life much like I feel and believe that God guides mine. 

The story made me keep turning the pages to find out what happened next. I love D.D.'s writing style and think I would enjoy more of her books in the future. 

Great book, D.D.!!! 

Author's Bio:

D.D. Marx is a contemporary romantic fiction writer and blogger, as well as a lover of all things social. She is a graduate of the University of Dayton, as well as the Second City program in Chicago, where she currently resides. A proud aunt and self-described hopeless romantic, Marx has always has a knack for humorous and engaging storytelling. Her pen name is a dedication to her beloved friend Dan, who continues to guide and inspire her in her daily life.



Connect with D.D.:  Website  ~  Facebook  ~  Twitter  ~  Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment