Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Book of Joan by Melissa Rivers {A Book Review}


I must admit I was a little leery of The Book Of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulations by Melissa Rivers but I decided to check it out anyway. I must say, I was surprised that I really enjoyed this book. 

The book is a little crude but that is to be expected because Joan Rivers was crude at times and her daughter is as well. All crudeness aside, this book really shared some of the funny stories about Joan Rivers' life. 

The book was written from Melissa's perspective about her mother and she was open and honest in the book. Despite her sharing some of the hard times along with the funny times, her writing and sharing truly showed how much she loved and admired her mother. 

The stories were witty and well-written and as I read, I could just picture Joan and Melissa Rivers in these situations. I laughed a lot and I cannot wait to pass this book along to my mom to read, too. 


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment