Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton {A Book Review}


The Wood's Edge, The Pathfinders Book One,  by Lori Benton is a beautiful book. Lori Benton really did her research and shared some amazing facts and details about her characters and life back then. I thought the way she told the stories of each character was excellent. 

Unfortunately, I just did not get into this book overall. I do not think it is a bad book but I just feel like it was wasn't the "book for me". I was bored and it took me days to get through one chapter. 

I have read historical fiction novels often in the past and enjoyed them greatly so I'm not sure if it is just the season of life that I am in that caused me to be bored by this book or what. 

I would still say that if you like historical fiction to try this book out. You may love it but it just was not my style. 

I may keep this book to try to read again later and see if it grabs me more than it did this first time. If you pick it up and love it (or hate it), let me know. As always, please feel free to borrow my copy! 


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment