Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Five Times I met Myself by James L. Rubart {Book Review}


"What if you met your twenty-three-year-old self in a dream? What would you say?" is the tagline for the book, The Five Times I Met Myself, by James L. Rubart. That certainly intrigued me and I wanted to read more. 

This book tells the story of Brock Matthews' whose life is in a bad place. He is going through a lot in his business, his marriage, his parental relationship with his son, etc. He learns of lucid dreaming and he uses this strategy to see if he can change and help his life. 

The story goes through various times when Brock utilizes lucid dreaming to go back and speak to his younger self and talks with him in an effort to make things better. In some of the situations, his attempts are successful and make certain aspects of his life better and at times, other areas are made worse. 

This book is a bit complex with a great deal of "roads" to follow in attempts to figure out what is real and what is a dream. I will be honest, I had a hard time following along with the book but once I got into it, I did enjoy it for the most part. 

One of the things that held me back from loving this book was that I do not think that I'm a big fan of attempting to change your dreams. I don't know if it's a real-deal option but I don't like the thought of it, overall. 

That thought aside, I think this book makes you think and it fun to keep up with for the most part and for that reason, I liked it. 

Thanks, Litfuse for letting me read this book in exchange for this review. 






No comments:

Post a Comment