Sunday, January 21, 2018

He Holds My Hand by Carol Kent {A Book Review}



He Holds My Hand: Experiencing God's Presence and Protection by Carol Kent is an insightful devotional. Kent experienced an extremely difficult situation in her life when her son was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Needless to say, she experienced ever emotion imaginable. 

When she was hopeless, she turned to the Bible for comfort and wrote this devotional out of those times. The devotional is written as if God were speaking directly to the person reading. I must admit, at times, this was extremely comforting and at other times, it was a little strange. 

My husband and I read the bulk of what we read together and we both agreed that the content was good and definitely comforting but that it still a little awkward to read the wording of the devotionals at times. 

We are also not in the midst of a traumatic season in our lives so maybe that was part of it. I do feel that if you are going through a hard time, this book may be helpful for you. Especially if you need to hear directly from God himself. 

**Tyndale House provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.**

1 comment: