Friday, August 3, 2018

Devotions for Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas {A Devotional Review}


The most recent book that I received from BookLook Bloggers is Devotions for Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas. I am currently reading a women's devotional as well as another devotional with Matt so why not read another one? But honestly, this season of parenting has been tough. We are entering new territory with Mason and we are learning as we go. 

Devotions for Sacred Parenting is incredible. I obviously have not read the entire devotional because that's not the point. I have finished 10/52 devotionals included in the book and I truly am loving it. 

Each day has a scripture presented for us to learn from as well as Thomas offering a story to go with it. Some are stories related to his own parenting. Some are based on the lives of friends and even others are telling stories of historical figures including people from the Bible. 

This devotional is not light. There is a great deal of information in each 4-5 page devotional but I do feel like they are relative to all ages and stages of parenting. At the end of each devotional, there are 2-3 questions for you to consider based on the day's devotional. I have read one devotional each night but when Matt and I begin reading together, we will probably take an except ever 3-5 days. They are that full of information and you need time to think about it all. 

I highly recommend this devotional if you need some encouragement and biblical perspective on parenting! 

**Thanks, BookLookBloggers.**


No comments:

Post a Comment