Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pregnancy Post--Details, Happenings, Etc (Thus far)

I'm 18 weeks today!!!! Matt and I decided we would start taking some kind of weekly picture this week but we haven't decided what we will do yet. I'm not really showing so there isn't really much to report there.

Since we kept our little excitement for a while, I've been keeping notes to write a random brain dump pregnancy post. Aaaaannnnnddd, here it is!

(Side note: If you are not interested in reading this, just pass it right by. I just wanted to write it all down for myself! :))

February 5th, 2013--LMP

March 1st, 2013--Found of my best friend was pregnant!

March 4th and 13th, 2013--Had some spotting and really thought that I was not pregnant because it was similar to what happened the month before.

March 11th, 2013--called the baby "appleseed" although, we still did not know we were pregnant.

March 16th, 2013--I bought a pregnancy test and on that same day I had my first real craving which was brownies and ice cream!

March 17th, 2013--Had a positive pregnancy test but didn't tell Matt

March 19th, 2013--belched aloud at work :)

March 21st, 2013--First appointment which confirmed pregnancy

March 22nd, 2013--Matt asked "When do you pee on a stick?" :)))

March 26th, 2013--call the baby blueberry; Told Matt he was going to be a dad on his birthday!!! :)

March 29th, 2013--Decided to change doctors from Carolina OBGYN to the Woman's Clinic because of where they would allow me to deliver.

**Side note** At this point, nothing was making me sick but some foods were just completely unappealing to me such as peanuts and popcorn!

April 5th, 2013--Having mild discomfort after having to slam on the brakes while driving; was a little worried that day

April 8th, 2013--accidentally rear ended someone and spent the day resting; no symptoms

April 9th, 2013--9 weeks!!! saw my new doctor(s); saw the baby on the portable ultrasound machine;

April 10th, 2013--wanted chocolate chip cookies and while we were making them, the oven went out! I sent Matt out for my first pregnancy craving!!

April 15th, 2013--lots of belly aches during this week; no desire to eat; it was weird because it wasn't related to anything specific and I just felt yuck but it only lasted 2 days;

**At this time I was really enjoying salads and ICE COLD WATER; No tap water for this girl.

I also had the stomach virus twice during the pregnancy so far...talk about BLAH!

Early May, Talked to Crystal (ShopCrystalFaye) about monogram items that are gender specific to be delivered ahead of time and opened at the hospital since we will not find out the gender ahead of time!

May 9th, 2013-got to see baby on portable ultrasound again; started buying letters for the alphabet wall

May 12th, 2013--First Mother's day; got breakfast in bed from McDonalds; and a card for pampering
During this week, I really could feel the baby growing and also could feel my uterus moving etc. Cool stuff.

I've been wanting hamburger steak, even a hot dog one night; eating LOTS of peanut butter.

In May, my legs also started falling asleep some and giving me little issues at night but it's fleeting and doesn't bother me much at all.

Between May 24th and June 3rd, we got to tell all of our friends and family about the baby and that was a blast!

June 6th, 2013--Heard the babies heartbeat for the first time. We had seen it on portable ultrasound twice but had not heard it until this day. That was AWESOME!

That's all for now!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I went back to see when I met you and bought the wreath - and you were already thinking you were pregnant then! (march 19). How exciting! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I am so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete