Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Looking Glass Lies by Varina Denman {A Book Review}


Last year I read three of Varina Denman's books in the Mended series. I reviewed the third book in that series, Jilted. I really enjoyed those books and read them very quickly. When Varina e-mailed me and asked if I would be interested in reading her latest book, Looking Glass Lies, that releases today, I was very interested! 

Looking Glass Lies is the story of Cecily Ross. She is recently divorced and moves back to her small hometown in Texas. She finds herself with lots of emotional pain and just trying to figure out how to manage her life. Cecily reunites with friends from years before and many things are much different than she remembered. She experiences many different things including an intense tragedy on her journey to healing. 

Just as I enjoyed the Mended series by Denman, I really enjoyed Looking Glass Lies as well. The story was a page turner and easy to follow along with. The twists and turns were often unexpected but so good! I enjoyed the development of the characters throughout the book, too. This was a great fiction book and I highly recommend it! 

Thanks, Varina, for trusting me to read your book! 





No comments:

Post a Comment