Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Lizzy The Lioness by Lisa Bevere {A Book Review}


Lizzy The Lioness by Lisa Bevere was long-awaited in our house after hearing so many good things about it. Then after the package was misplaced at first, we were even more anxious to read it! 

This morning as we sat at the breakfast table, we read through it and we all loved it so much! The story of Lizzy the Lioness was a fun read which kept both of my boys engaged while also teaching them a lesson -- my favorite! :) 

Bevere wrote this story after her granddaughter, Lizzy, was born and hopes it will help to encourage children to be brave and courageous while also being wise. A Scripture or two was shared at some point in the book but the truth of God's word was scattered all throughout the pages and I loved that. 

The book encourages little ones to ask for help when needed and also to believe that they are brave. I love those character traits and as we try to instill them in our children, I think this book will be a big help! I also think that as women's/ girl's roles in society are every changing, especially right now, this book would be a great resource for girls to be empowered and encouraged, especially! 

**I received this book from BookLook Bloggers.**


No comments:

Post a Comment