Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Perennials by Julie Cantrell {A Book Review}


Perennials by Julie Cantrell was a fun read for me. It's based initially in Arizona but then moves to Oxford, Mississippi which was something relatable to me since I grew up in the Deep South. 

Perennials tells the story of Eva/Lovey who is a single 45 year old woman climbing the corporate ladder and enjoying life even despite some snafus over the course of her late thirties/early forties. She receives a call from her parents asking her to come home for their 50th anniversary. She is resistant until they book her a plane ticket and basically force her. 

When she gets home she learns of something going on with her parents and she also has to face her sister who has been angry with her for years. While dealing with heartache, frustration and fear of the unknown, she learns so much about herself, her family and others around her. That is what truly develops the story. There is an element of a love story regarding the main character but I didn't feel like it was the focus. 

I really enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down. I have already packaged it up to mail to a friend, too! 

**I received a copy of this book for free.**


No comments:

Post a Comment