Sunday, July 3, 2016

How May We Hate You? by Anna Drezen & Todd Briscoe {A Book Review}



I really enjoyed reading How May We Hate You? It is written by two comedians that have held jobs as concierge in both high class and low class establishments. They share their wit and stories about the job itself, hotels, and their customers.  It was a fun, quick, and entertaining book that kept my interest from start to finish.

The stories they told were humorous and sometimes outlandish, but I can see many of them actually happening. There were certainly a few jokes or stories that fell a little flat, but overall the book is pretty good.

The book is easy to read in short spurts, but also interesting enough for longer reading sessions as well. I like the layout of the book. It keeps you moving and it is visually interesting to read. I don't necessarily think it is a book you would come back to for repeated readings, but I think this is a great book to read and then pass on to your friends.

I think the length of the book is just right. Just as I was starting to get bored with the book, I was  right at the end.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I feel like comedy/customer service books try too hard to be funny and often come across as mean spirited and I don't enjoy them. But the authors were able to avoid that and come across as light-hearted and funny.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment