Tuesday, October 14, 2014

31 Days: Letters To Mason: Day 14


Dear Mason, 

You are currently 11 months and 12 days old which means that you are thisclose to being ONE! Wow, what a year it has been! We went into the hospital on October 31st, 2013 after my 38 week doctor visit. For all of my pregnancy, my blood pressure had been great but that day, I was swollen and I told your Dad that I knew my pressure was high. When we got to the doctor, it was super high. The doc requested an ultrasound to see how you were moving etc. You were not in distress but they weren't comfortable with you staying put for much longer so off to the hospital we went. 

We were a bit nervous because I had really hoped for a completely natural delivery but being put into the hospital meant an induction which would make it more difficult for a natural delivery. Not impossible, just more difficult. There a lot of other details that you can go back and read on my first post about your delivery but I just wanted to share one more bit. After the medicine was given to induce, it appeared I was allergic to one of the meds and the other med wasn't helping me to progress so the doc recommended a c-section. Your Dad and I had such a peace about this and we were just ready for you to be here. 

We knew that God had everything under control even though it was completely different than we pictured it would be, it was totally worth it. After hours of limited sleep, failed medicine, constant blood pressure checks, contraction checks and fetal monitoring, we wheeled back for a c-section which was something in and of itself and not long after, you were here! 

Your Dad and I are shocked that it was almost a year ago...Wow!

Tomorrow, I'm going to tell you more about some of my favorite things from this past year. 

Love, 
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment