Monday, October 6, 2014

Sevierville Trip {September 2014}

Several months back, we planned a trip to the mountains for Matt's Mom's 50th birthday. It was a 3 nights and 2 1/2 days and we had a nice time. 

On the drive up, Mason took a little cat nap!

Friday night was a low-key night. We had dinner with Matt's parents at Cracker Barrel and then I shopped for all of the groceries for the remainder of the weekend's meals. Everyone arrived by 8:30 and we enjoyed playing the arcade games and a dip in the hot tub. Saturday morning, we all had breakfast together and then attempted to head to Heritage Day at the Old Mill. That was a no-go because the traffic was crazy. We ended up with a little shopping at the outlet malls before heading home for lunch. Mason tried on a fun hat! 

Our afternoon attempt at a family picture. Mason was uninterested. 

After the outlet malls, we came back for lunch at the cabin and enjoyed the afternoon and evening just relaxing at the cabin. Love my boy. 

My happy guys

Mason was helping Luke and Dad play games...

"Oh I'm just hanging out watching a little football..."

Mason needed a little a little lovin' from Dad. 

Saturday night, Matt's Dad cooked chicken and vegetables and we had a cake, sang Happy Birthday and gave Mrs. Claire her gift. 

On Sunday morning,  when Matt was giving Mason his bottle, I put my hand on Matt's leg. Mason immediately put his leg over my hand. It was sweet. 

Sunday morning was low key. Matt and I had attempted a walk with the boys the day before but the mosquitos nixed that quickly so Matt set out with them early Sunday morning for a hike. They had a blast! 

I gave Mason the last sip of my milk and he had his first milk mustache! 

Sunday for lunch we went to the Old Mill for lunch. Matt and I split the turkey and dressing and it was delicious. 
Me with all the boys! 

Us with Luke 

Sunday afternoon, everyone else stayed at the Old Mill to shop and walk around and I went back to the cabin for Mason to take a nap and I took one too! 
Sunday night, Mason was taking his bottle and he was everywhere. It was a bit comical. 

Matt's sister and her family and Matt's brother left Sunday night and we stayed at the cabin with Matt's parents. They got up early that morning to go to breakfast and then head home. We had plans to stay through Mason's morning nap but he was kind of restless so we left early. He took his nap in the car and we were home by lunch! 

Mason blew me kisses in the car....swoon! 

It was a nice trip. Love my guys

No comments:

Post a Comment