Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Morgan's Movements {Mid-May 2016}

Here comes SUMMER!!! May is moving right along and June is a BIG month for these Morgans!
Let's see what's been going on! 
We had to make stop by Dollar Tree for some thank you notes and Mason found the PERFECT accessory! :) 

We also got to try out a new storytime and it was great! It was after nap and the leader was upbeat and fun. I hope we get to go back soon!

The weather has been beautiful lately and we have soaked it up as much as we could. It's made for great park play time. Mason showed a new buddy all of his secret spots at our favorite park. :)

After our park morning, we headed to the grocery store and Mason found the perfect grilling tool! :)

That afternoon, we had a little pot/pan fun in the kitchen. We matched lids up and made "kitchen sink" soup!:)



We've been incorporating more "room time" for Mason where he just gets a few toys and goes into his room to play for 20-30 minutes. We've also been trying to do more independent reading time. We read All. Day. Long. but mostly together. This picture shows my little guy and I reading during our independent time. Love him so!


Speaking of independent? Mr. Mr. wanted to make his own toast for breakfast. :)

One afternoon brought some outside time while Matt trimmed some bushes. Mason and I offered moral support and Mason got dirty feet in the process. That's when you know it's a good day!





We had a popcorn and movie afternoon and Matt introduced Mason to a few minutes of the Sandlot. They didn't make it far but Mason loved the few baseball scenes.

Mom and Mason snuggle time watching "Beachfront Bargain Hunt"




Monday brought some craziness at my OB appt (I'll update more on that soon, but all is good!) and I landed myself a week of rest which meant lots of snuggles for me and my little guy.


AND!!!! Our 88 year old neighbor brought over this amazing homemade strawberry pie. Mason and I couldn't have been more excited!!! We dug right in and even shared some for Matt. ;-)





These silly boys had some backwards hat time. They are such characters!

We had a playdate with A (and her momma)! It was probably the worst playdate we've had with them. The kids were whiny and catty and it was a mess. We had a good laugh out of it after! :)


Thankfully that afternoon got better and Mason helped me solve the "What's for dinner?" question by making pancake batter with me. :) 


After he took off his apron, he pointed to The Home Depot logo and said "Ma! Da work!" So smart!

One of my favorite scenes each evening. All the love.

Since we were essentially homebound for 4 days, we got creative!
Playdoh fun!

Movie fun!

Snuggle fun!


Just more fun! ;-)

Imaginative play is this boy's favorite and it makes me smile each and every time! Today his chair was his car garage.

Waiting on Daddy to come home so he could get out of the house. :)

PIZZA DATE!!!

Even though our last playdate with A & K was awful, we tried again!
Mason was ready!!

And guess what??? They had the BEST TIME!!!

We love our friends so much!

Later that afternoon, Mason and I watched a few fire truck videos on YouTube. Mason literally watched this video of Fire Truck Responding for 9 minutes. 9 minutes! Boy brains are interesting!


That afternoon's activity with Dad was the book store! Here he is "riding the horse" haha!

Doctor Mason is also here which is why this majorly pregnant momma doesn't mind being home alone with him. ;-)


Friday morning, we were waiting for K & A to pick us up to go to Kindergym. (Thanks, K, for doing that since I'm not really supposed to drive right now!)
Anyway, I had told Mason he could watch about 15 minutes of a show before they arrived. He knows how to turn on the TV so he turned it on and I went to room and he was on the couch watching a documentary on Italy. You guys!! I laughed so hard. He was very interested. :)

Yay for Kindergym! (Except NO NAP AFTER!! WHAT?!?!?)

I am soaking up these last days with just me and my little guy at home. The resting has been hard but nice at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment