Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Favorite Books of 2017 {Thus Far}

My friend, Jennifer, recently posted on her blog, Lit Loving Mom, about her favorite books of 2017 so far. She inspired me and I wanted to do the same! I also have a post coming about some of our recent favorite children's books. 

By June 30th, I had finished 40 books and there were definitely some favorites in there! 

I discovered two new-to-me authors this year, Sally Hepworth and Emily Giffin. Their books have definitely been some of my favorites of this year. 

My favorite Hepworth was The Things We Keep. This book was near to me because it involves Alzheimer's/dementia which is something I work with in my career. I just couldn't put this book down. 


My favorite Giffin was Love the One You're With. I can't quite pinpoint why this particular book of Giffin's was my favorite out of all of the ones I read, but it was. If you like fiction/romance, check this one out! 


I also loved Karen Kingsbury's new book, Love Story. I mean, do I really need to say anything? I love Kingsbury. She's the first author whose books I read from cover to cover in less than a day. She re-ignited my love for reading. I just love her. 



Love that Boy by Ron Fournier was a front-runner, too. This book was an incredible view on high functioning autism and how one dad used his political pull to take trips with his son to learn more about him. I just loved it. 

 

Swipe Right by Levi Lusko was my last book of June and it is such a great book for our generation and those to come. As sex and romance become so belittled, this book helps us to remember why it is important to remain pure and also how to refocus on God despite what we may have done. So good. 


The Hideaway by Lauren Denton is my last fave for the first half of the year. This book was a quirky fiction read with lots of little twists and turns. I had a hard time getting started on it but then I couldn't put it down. 


Those were my faves. I'm starting out July with another new-to-me author, Elin Hilderbrand. Here's to 40 more by year's end! 


 




**All images are from google.**

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I've never read Emily Griffin, maybe I should give her books a try...

    ReplyDelete