Thursday, May 10, 2012

What a difference...

....ten years can make.

On this day 10 years ago, I was preparing for my high school graduation. When I think about all of the things that have happened and that I have done in the past 10 years, I'm pretty amazed, honestly. I don't have regret about not doing anything with my life because TONS has happened.

Here's just a brief look into the last ten years. I'm trying to relay them in order but I am sure it won't be exact

-graduated from Oak Forest Academy ranked in the top five, which meant so much then and NOTHING three months later when I walked into college!

-started sponsoring a World Vision Child

-attended LSU for a semester and decided it was just too big for me!

-turned 18

-transferred to SLU and majored in Education

-took my first trip to Disney World (one of 5 times)

-took a phonetics class and decided to become a speech therapist

-worked at the Clerk of Court

-worked at Douglas Kent Jeweler

-lived in Hammond, LA

-did tech work at Professional Physical Therapy

-lived in Amite, LA

-babysat so many children and made so much money. Wishing I had saved some of that :-)

-moved back in with Mom

-Grandmother passed away and on the day of her funeral, I received word about acceptance to ULM's speech therapy program. Decided to move, then decided not to, then decided to move again :) (Thanks, Ellen)

-Dad fell out of a tree and injured his back

-graduated from Southeastern (Dad missed it because he was in the hospital)

-moved to Monroe, LA

-started graduate school

-met tons of new people

-finished graduate school classes

-moved to Birmingham for internships

-Joined Church of the Highlands

-lived in Birmingham for 7 months and met life long friends

-moved to Montgomery, AL and started my first big girl job

-joined Gateway Baptist Church

-met Matt

-taught 4 and 5 year olds in Sunday school with Matt

-went to Passion Conference in Atlanta

-started dating Matt

-took Mom on a cruise

-got engaged to Matt

-visited Upstate Carolina for the first time

-got married to Matt

-travelled to Oregon

-quit job in Alabama

-moved to Spartanburg, SC


LOTS more to the last 10 years but it was getting a little too lengthy so we will stop at that.

Til then-
Did YOU hear about the Morgans?

No comments:

Post a Comment