Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Sunshine Award

Dawn from Sunshine of Mine tagged me for the Sunshine Award recently. It's just a fun little blog thing.
I'll share 11 random things about myself and then answer Dawn's fun questions! :)

1. I can say the alphabet backwards.

2. Matt and I plan for all of our children to have the initials MMM and all boys will have the same middle name, same with the girls.

3. I used to throw the shot-put in high school.

4. My 21st birthday was on the same day that Hurricane Katrina hit.

5. Matt and I were married on 1/1/11 at 1:11pm and Mason was born on 11/1/14.

6. I love to read and had gotten away from it in the last few years then I started reviewing books for the blog and it renewed my excitement for reading and I've been reading more and more!

7. I moved away from home on 1/14/07 (7 years ago). Since then I've lived in Monore, LA, Birmingham and Montgomery, AL, and Spartanburg, SC.

8. I had never dated anyone until Matt and I began dating/courting. Nor had I kissed anyone.

9. We didn't say "I love you" until the day we got engaged and we didn't kiss until our wedding.

10. In college, I considered being an Occupational Therapist, Teacher and then decided on Speech Language Pathology after a family I babysat for said I might like it. They were right.

11. Matt and I don't have cable. We love watching TV shows on our iPad though. :)

Dawn's Questions:

1. What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
Well, if it happens to be a Saturday that my husband has off, we will usually spend the day together as a family doing something fun. If I'm home with Mason and Matt is working, I will play with Mason and when he naps, I'll usually nap too or read a good book.

2. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Lately, I've been shopping at Target a good bit. We received some gift cards for Mason as well as for me, so it's a "free" place to shop right now! :)

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Hmm, this is a hard question. I guess my most prominent memories (at least for today) revolve around my grandparents.

4. Would you rather cook or eat out? 
Cook...95% of the time!

5. What is something you have learned being a mom that you didn't expect?
Some people just don't know when to not give advice! :)

6. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on a vacation, where would you go?
This year, New York City!

7. What is your favorite book?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

8. What is the best thing about your hometown?
The local donut shop ;-)
and the fact that my family and childhood friends are there

9. Do you prefer a small town or big city?
Actually, kind of in between. Not too small, not too big

10. If you had $1000 to spend on anything, what would it be?
Right now, I'd probably put it in a savings fund for a bigger car one day.

11. What are your favorite blogs?
Blue Eyed Bride
Life in the Green House
Pursuit of Pink
Sunshine of Mine (duh!)
A Blonde Ambition
and soooo many more!

Thanks, Dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment