Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reservations for Two by Hillary Manton Lodge {A Book Review}


Reservations for Two by Hillary Manton Lodge has been a long awaited book for me. I read the first book in the series last year and have been anxious for the sequel ever since. And now that I finished reading this book in 3 days, I've got to wait another year to read the next book! AH! 

Reservations for Two begins with Juliette out of the country in Provence exploring and learning about her family and trying to connect the dots about her grandmother's love life of many, many years before. She has some time during her travels to be with her boyfriend, Neil, and their romantic relationship grows. 

Once Juliette is back in Portland, she hits the ground running trying to figure out relationships with her family and with Neil, begin a restaurant and take care of her family as well as continue to explore the details about her grandmother's story from so long ago. 

I don't want to give away any more of the storyline but I do want to close with just saying that Hillary is a great writer. The story was so well written; the recipes shared are so detailed you can almost taste them as you read them. I cannot wait to read more from Hillary Manton Lodge! 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment