Wednesday, August 31, 2016

When Mountains Move by Julie Cantrell {A Book Review}


Let's see what's up next for review! When I read the quick synopsis of When Mountains Move by Julie Cantrell, it sounded like a book that's right up my alley. I was able to download the e-book straight to my kindle and I couldn't wait to get started. 

Ugh, you guys, I just did not like this book. I tried so hard to get into this book but it just wasn't happening. The story line about Bump, Millie and Oka just did not draw me in. I felt like the story was soooo slow. It took me days to get through each chapter. 

I'm going to be super honest here. I didn't even finish the book. I believe this is only the second time in my three plus years of reviewing books that I couldn't finish a book. I hate that I couldn't but it just is what it is. 

All of that said, I read several other reviews and most people who read this book gave it a thumbs up. So maybe it was just me? Also, it was a sequel and I didn't realize that until after I received it to review so that's my fault. 

I would say if you like Christian fiction, give it a shot. I am clearly in the minority here! 

Thank you, BookLook, for the free book to review!

 
I review for BookLook Bloggers





No comments:

Post a Comment