Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wreck my Life: Journeying from Broken to Bold by Mo Isom {A Book Review}


I have followed Mo Isom's story for several years since she was at LSU completing "Meaux versus" videos and in the middle of her "Kissless til Christmas" phase. When I saw she was writing a book, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to get my hands on it!

Wreck My Life is a beautiful book. Mo Isom's writing style is easy and fluid. She is down-to-earth and humble and all of those characteristics carry over into her book. This book was well organized and I loved the mix of her story along with the way God has worked through her story. 

Isom began a college soccer career at LSU and during her time there, she was in a horrific car accident which left her with much to recover from. She also lost her Dad to suicide which then revealed a lot of secrets that her Dad had and she never knew. This sent her life into a tailspin and searching for something, someone to save her.

The story is incredibly heart-breaking BUT GOD. God used the incredible pain that Mo went through to bring her closer to him, give her an amazing platform to speak for him. 

I think this book is a great book for anyone who has dealt with heart-break in their life. I also think this is a wonderful resource for teenagers and college students. At that age, people are vulnerable and this book just really focuses in on how God has a plan in beauty and in pain. 

Well done, Mo! Write another book, please!!! 



**Thanks, Baker, for this book.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment