Thursday, July 20, 2017

His Guilt by Shelley Shepard Gray {A Book Review}



His Guilt by Shelley Shepard Gray is the second book in The Amish of Hart County series. I enjoyed the first book of the series, Her Secret, so I was anxious to read this one. 

I really liked reading His Guilt. I don't feel like it drew me in as much as the first book, Her Secret, but it did keep me wanting to read it. So much so that I read the whole book in about 24 hours. Before I say more, I think you could read this one without reading the first book. They were minimally connected aside from being set in the same place. 

This story follows Mark and Neeta as the two main characters. Mark finds himself back in Hart County after being away for several years and ends up working at the same place as Neeta, an amish girl who has lived there all of her life. 

Intense situations begin to happen in the town with several women being abused and people of the town have to decide whether or not they trust Mark to be who he says he is or if they believe he is committing these wrongful acts. 

It gets a little predictable as the book goes on but I still think it was a good story. I recommend this for fiction lovers especially those who enjoy Amish fiction. 

Thank you, Litfuse, for this book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment