Friday, March 29, 2019

When Dad Is Away...

A couple of weeks ago, we found out that Matt's brother's wife was going to be out of town and so Matt asked his brother if he'd like to have a guy's weekend and they did! He left on Friday morning right after breakfast. The boys were a little uncertain because they knew they'd miss him but his pout was fake. 😉  

  

I bid my biggest helper good bye for 3+ days. We knew he'd have tons of fun! 

Maddox sent him with this little mailbox with some toys inside. ❤️

Later that morning, Mason had homeschool PE and he looked so big! 

  


Mid-afternoon, Matt made it to his brother's house! Let the fun begin! 

The boys and I headed out to our friends' house for dinner and play time. 



Saturday morning we were all smiles and, of course, needed to send a picture to Daddy. 

We were just a few days away from Whole30 so I had to try one of the Larabars we had picked up. Not bad actually. 

Matt made homemade biscuits for himself and his brother. One of his specialties. 

These snuggles...I cannot handle. 


Picnic lunch is always a win for these two. 

Matt and his brother ate at a yummy taco place in Nashville called Oscars and then headed to an arcade where they played all day long! 

  


They played for hours! 

The boys and I went to the park to play before we had dinner with Grandmom and Granddad. 
  






  

Grandmom challenged Mason to see how long he could freeze. I think he made it 3 whole minutes! 
  


Granddad and Grandmom are definitely favorites of my boys. 


For dinner, Matt and Ben had fajitas! That and a movie is definitely guy time! :) 


The boys and I missed Matt but it was such good time for he and his brother. 

Matt was gone on Sunday, too, but since that was St. Patrick's Day I'll share it separately. 




No comments:

Post a Comment