Monday, August 27, 2012

Mom-Cation 2012

Our visit with Mom was so nice! It did seem like the time flew by though. She got in Wednesday afternoon. Matt was still at work so I took her to eat at Cheddar's. This restaurant is so yummy. Check their website to see if there is one near you! That night we just kind of laid low. 

Thursday Morning we got up and got dressed and had an early lunch at Wade's here in Spartanburg. They are known for their Meat and Three lunches and everything is yummy. Mom loved it! I'll be shipping her some of their frozen items soon! Matt had to go to work so Mom and I took the rest of the day to shop. She wanted to buy me some things for my birthday and I was happy to oblige her! We went to Charming Charlie's, Dillard's, TJ Maxx and a few other places. We finished the afternoon with a Cook-Out milkshake and a movie. A good day! 

Friday morning we got up early to head to Asheville to the Biltmore! The following pictures are from there. I know it is picture overload but I wanted to document our fun!



































We stayed in Gatlinburg on Friday night which was slightly disappointing. Downtown Gatlinburg was very trashy and we ended up grabbing a quick bite to eat, walking around a bit and then going back to the hotel. We watched the SVU marathon so it wasn't altogether terrible. Once we got up and going on Saturday morning, we headed into Sevierville and shopped some. Mom bought us the Fiestaware S&P shakers so I was excited about that. Then we met The Moody's for lunch. There just happened to be a GiGi's Cupcakes next door to the restaurant and I've been waiting to try them so we indulged a bit. Mom was SO glad to see the Moody's and meet baby Lela. She loves them! 




Saturday evening was spent recovering from the busy two days. Sunday brought church and lunch with Matt's grandmother and other family that was in town. We also went to visit Matt's grandfather who was in the hospital. 

Monday was our last full day together and we just laid low. Movies, reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger, and LOTS OF FOOD! It was a blast. 

On Tuesday morning, I dropped Mom at the airport and was shocked because when I got back in the car, I started crying. I have no idea what came over me. It does feel like Mom and I are moving so well into our new roles as mother and daughter now that I'm married etc and she really is just one of my best friends. Guess that's what brought on the tears! 

I can't wait for her to visit again. However, our next time to see each other will be in December when we go down to celebrate the holidays early. WOO!

Today, I'm praying that Mr. Isaac redirects and doesn't bother my sweet family like Katrina did 7 years ago, almost to the day! I don't like sharing my birthday with Hurricanes. MOVE OVER ISAAC :)

Til then-
Did YOU Hear about the Morgans?

P.S. I'm sellin Scentsy now so if you are interested, let me know! 





No comments:

Post a Comment