Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Little Things Long Remembered by Susan Newman {A Book Review}



I recently read the book, Little Things Long Remembered, and this is my honest review for that book. This book was written by Susan Newman, PhD many years ago and was recently released in a new edition. When I was given the opportunity to review, I knew I wanted to because this kind of book is right up my alley. I love being aware of my loved ones' love languages and knowing what I can do to best make them feel special.


This is even more important now that I am a parent and this book couldn't have come at a better time because I've been struggling with ways to make my family feel special in light of our smaller income/budget these days.

This book, Little Things Long Remembered, helped to re-ignite my thoughts about special things I can do for Matt as well as Mason (and hopefully more future Morgan kiddos one day). Susan presents over 500 ways to make our children feel special. She presents these ideas in chapters including: Five Minutes or Less, Half an Hour to an Hour or So, Weekend Fun and others. This was super helpful to me because sometimes you need a good idea that doesn't take long because you don't have long. Other times, you have more time and wants something a little more involved.

I don't want to give away all of the ideas because I think everyone needs to get this book but I wanted to share a few of good ones!

Just Rewards
Treat your child to an ice cream or frozen yogurt, a cookie or a doughnut after a visit to the doctor.

Early Risers
Watch a sunrise (or sunset) together.

Read the Comics to them until they can read them to you.

So many of these ideas are so simple but hard to think of at times. This book ties up all of the fun ideas into one book. While reading, I was reminded of a book called Love Notes on His Pillow. I read this book several times to help me remember those special little ways I can show love to my husband. This book is so similar just geared towards kids.









1 comment:

  1. Leslie, Thank you for this review. I could not have said it better myself. You caught the essence of the book and exactly the message I hoped parents would understand: It doesn't take a lot of time or money to make children feel loved and important. More often than not it is the simple things parents do that children store in their memory banks forever. Happy Holidays to all the Morgans

    ReplyDelete