Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Misfit Table by Tiffini Kilgore {A Book Review}


Misfit Table: Let Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong by Tiffini Kilgore is my latest read. When I first started reading, it took me a LONG time to get into it! The writing is a bit scattered at first but as I got into the book and learned more of Tiffini's story, I wanted to get more details and know what God had done and was continuing to do in her life. 

Tiffini shares her story from childhood to near present day in short chapters. Each chapter is anywhere from 2-8ish pages so they are manageable for quick reading. The initial part of each chapter is Tiffini sharing her perspective for that portion of her life. Following that portion is a section written as God, or as Tiffini refers to him "Papa", speaking to Tiffini. I'll be honest and say I didn't read every single one of these sections. The ones I read were a bit odd to me. But that may just be me. It didn't take away from the book for me, it was just unique. 

I really ended up enjoying this book and getting to the 'end' to learn how God had redeemed Tiffini's life and drawn her closer to him and how she is using that to impact others and invite them to the table. 

This was an encouraging book and worth checking out. 

**Thanks BookLook Bloggers, for the book!**

No comments:

Post a Comment