Monday, September 19, 2016

Everything is Possible by Jen Bricker {A Book Review}




Everything is Possible by Jen Bricker is the biography of her life. I had not heard of Jen Bricker before but I noted that the foreword was written by Nick Vujicic and I read one of his books recently so I took a chance on this one. 

Everything is Possible was definitely an inspirational book. Jen was born without legs and she shares about how she has overcome obstacles in her life to get to where she is today. 

Jen was given up for adoption at an early age and was adopted by the most wonderful couple who helped her to believe that she could do anything with her life. She later on found out about her biological family and there's a neat twist related to them that I thought was really neat. 

What I really enjoyed about this book was that Jen is very upbeat in her writing. Like I said, the book was inspirational in nature but not overly fluffy or all tied up with a bow and perfect. She still shared about struggles that she has gone through in her life but she also writes about the way God has moved in her life during those times. She has overcome so much to get to where she is and she credits that to God and his giving her the ability to be strong in the face of opposition.

I did feel like the book jumped around a bit and I didn't love that but overall, I enjoyed Jen's story. I think this book would be great for someone to read who has dealt with or is dealing with a physical issue that makes life harder for them. Jen really does a great job empowering others through her writing.

Thank you, Baker Publishing, for sending me this book in exchange of my honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment