Monday, October 7, 2013

Monkeys And The Chair {A Book Review}

I recently received the book, Monkeys and the Chair, from BookSneeze to review. 


The book summary on BookSneeze website states:

"Once in a lifetime, you may be fortunate enough to meet a child who will change your view of the world forever. Josiah was that kind of child. Born with severe cerebral palsy and numerous health challenges, he was blessed with an infectious joy and the gift of encouraging others. His faith in God and his passion to serve far surpassed his limited abilities. To know him was to be inspired. His life was cut short by his frailty, but his legacy remains"  

When I first saw this quick summary, I was immediately drawn to this book. For one reason, it was about a child with the challenge of Cerebral Palsy and I have always had a soft spot for these types of challenges. Second, it was written by his mom and it was sure to be good! 

I received the book as an e-book and that made it difficult for me to keep reading it because my attention to e-books is not good right now as a pregnant woman!! I have no idea why! It took me a while to read the book but not because I didn't enjoy it. The book was basically a collection of short stories about the family's life especially related to Josiah's involvement in their life. 

I must be honest. I felt like the book was a little bit scattered and not as organized as I would have liked but all of the stories were interesting and were nice to follow along. I think if you enjoy reading short, real life stories, you would enjoy this book. 

I received this book from BookSneeze for free in exchange for this review. 



No comments:

Post a Comment