Friday, October 18, 2013

The Christmas Candle {A Book Review}

I recently received the book The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado to review from BookSneeze. I have always loved Max Lucado's writing style but at times in my life it was almost too inspirational, if that even makes sense. Nonetheless, when I saw this book for review, I was drawn to it.

I review for BookSneeze®


The book is a small hardback that is just 190 pages so I'm guessing if it were a regular size book, it would be about 50 pages. All that to say, it's a quick read and a delightful one at that. I read the book in one sitting of approximately 1 hour.


The book discusses an English town back in the 1800's that was blessed every 25 years with an angel's appearance to a candle maker. The angel would bless one candle each visit and that candle would hold within itself a miracle for the person who received it. During the book, the candlemaker and his wife are concerned because they believe this will be the last year the tradition will be carried on since they have no family to continue it. A disaster happens in the book and the candle maker and his wife must decide what to do.

 It is a true story of God's faithfulness and after I read it, I was truly inspired. It would be a great book to read with teenage children and maybe even those slightly younger during the Christmas season. I am looking forward to passing the book along to my husband and to my Mom to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment