Sunday, October 5, 2014

31 Days: Letters To Mason: Day 5


 Mason, 

Today is a Sunday and I was just thinking about (not to sound cliche') what I love about Sundays. When I was in college and graduate school and before I got married to your Dad, I spent almost every Sunday the same. I got up and got dressed, went to church, went to lunch either alone or with friends and then came home and took a nap. That was the life and I'm going to be honest, I hope you get to do that on many a Sunday in your life. 

Since your Dad and I were married, every Sunday looks different to us. Your Dad works for a company who gives him an ever changing schedule every week. When your Dad is off on Sundays both before you and now since we have had you, we go to church together and then we have Sunday Fundays! We might go shopping or go for a walk. We might go out to eat lunch or supper. We might take a nap or watch our favorite TV shows. We might play a lot at home with you or we may go to the park. No matter what, if your Dad is home from work with us on a Sunday, we enjoy that day to the fullest. 

If your Dad isn't off, you and I will go to church and then come home and have a low-key day. For most families, Moms and Dads work Monday-Friday and always have the weekends off. For us, weekends off are a luxury so we try to live it up! 

All of that to say, I'm looking forward to when you are able to notice one day being different from another and telling us what you love about Sundays. :)

And also, you, you Dad and Jesus time at Church are my favorite things about Sundays. 

I love you! 

Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment