Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This Thanksgiving was very very non-traditional for us. Well, let me expound on that a little.

 We typically have a low-key Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's what we prefer and it's just relaxing. This year, I scheduled myself to work 3 hours on Thanksgiving because we knew that Matt would be off the weekend and I'd take off then, too. However, he ended up having to work Saturday after Thanksgiving so it was a wash. We made the best of it and I'll recap that below. :)

Matt's grandparents had invited for breakfast Thanksgiving morning but since I was working, we couldn't go then so they offered Wednesday night instead. That worked out well. 

Mason hadn't seen Granddad in a few weeks so he was ready for snuggle time!

Grandmom and Granddad had their furniture moved some and the floor was more wide open that usual and my boys LOVED that!


Grandmom and Granddad made ham, macaroni and cheese, asparagus, carrots and cauliflower, and ice cream. It was so delicious! Our bellies were full and we had a great visit.

 



Thanksgiving morning brought a sweet sleepy boy who was ready for snuggles with his Daddy!
 

While I worked, the boys stayed in pjs and played!

Matt turned the Macy's parade on and Mason barely moved a muscle!


I got home and got into my pjs for snuggles, too!

I turned my kid into turkey legs...
 

Our whole family took naps that afternoon ...

...and then we got dressed, took pictures and headed to dinner. The pictures were a bit of a joke. haha! BUT we were all there and that's what matters to me.

I mean....







My little guys!! I'm including all of these because they are just comical to me. We didn't get ONE picture that was good of all of us.
 
 

Love them so...again, no pictures that were good of all together.






Maddox got to try some mashed potatoes at Golden Corral. He was a little uncertain but he ate the bite we gave him and went to sleep shortly after. haha!
 

Mason's favorite part was the people watching. Oh wait, it was the cupcake!
 


Or maybe it was the cranberry sauce. :)
 

Mason is yelling "cotton candy!"


We got home and Maddox finished his evening nap. Matt offered to rub my feet and Mason put his up to get a foot rub, too! Smart kid!

Gang's all here! 
  

 



We finished the evening right here on the couch watching a Christmas movie.

Thanksgiving 2016 was unusual but just RIGHT!




No comments:

Post a Comment