Friday, April 1, 2016

The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts {A Book Review}

 

What a fun book this is!!! The Illustrated Compendium of Amazing Animal Facts by Maja Safstrom is a great coffee table book and conversation piece. 

When it was time to choose another book to review, I enlisted Matt to help me pick one and this was his top choice. I, of course, laughed at him but I had to recant of my original opinion because this book is great!

This is a quick read but the whole time I was reading, I kept thinking that I cannot wait to read it with Mason when he's a couple of years older. He will love all of the funny animal facts. While I loved the animal facts, my favorite part of the book was the incredible illustrations.

The author is also the illustrator and her black and white drawings of the animals are amazing. Each one is intricate and special and I just couldn't get enough. 

I think if you or someone you know loves animals, this is a great book and I especially think it's a great gift book!


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.



1 comment:

  1. We just got this book, and I'm excited about it! I think you could even color it and it would look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete