Sunday, September 10, 2017

Education A La Carte by Dr. Kevin Leman {A Book Review}


Education A La Carte: Choosing the Best Schooling Options For Your Child by Dr. Kevin Leman was a timely book for me. We still have two years until Mason is Kindergarten age but I think it is always good to know options in advance. As of now, we lean toward home schooling. We are already doing home school preschool with Mason now incorporating writing, sounds, calendar, etc into our daily tasks. 

Anyway, each person who chooses schooling for their child feels strongly about that schooling. I think that is incredibly important. It does, however, make it difficult to determine what is best for your own child since each person you talk to thinks their option is the best. This book, Education A La Carte, does a good job of presenting each of the schooling options out there, giving pros and cons of all of them. 

This book does lean heavily upon the concept of birth order and how it impacts a child's personality, behaviors, etc. This is not surprising since Leman has written a book about birth order and strongly believes it it. However, if you don't fully buy into that, this book may not be the best read for you. I still don't know how much of that I believe/don't believe but I understand the concepts and I feel like even with out that, this book gave me good information for choosing school choices. 

I think if you are going back and forth about school options for your child, this book could be very helpful! 




**I received this book from the publisher.**

No comments:

Post a Comment