Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mason Says And Does {26}

While listening to music in the car, Mason begins describing different guitars and tells me "Here comes a guitar solo" and then explains what a guitar solo is. Yeah...he's been discussing music with his Daddy!

One morning we were getting ready to go to the grocery store and I asked Mason if he wanted to help me pick out groceries as he often does. His response: "No ma'am. I need a break from all of that grocery shopping" 😂

One afternoon, Matt was home for nap time and Mason gave him one of his stuffed animals, Stinky Face, to sleep with. Matt told him thank you but he didn't need him and Mason said, "But, Dad, I'm just trying to be nice!" Well, okay then!

Mason told his speech therapist about his favorite commercial from the Super Bowl. Describing to her the rhyming battle they had going on, etc. So cute.

"Did God make Donald Trump?"
"I Have another question. Why is Donald Trump president?"
Aye aye aye. I wasn't prepared that day! We have not discussed our feelings one way or another regarding the current president with Mason. This is based on his knowledge that Donald Trump is president. Man, his little brain is working!

While watching the Olympics: "Will he ever stop!?!"

Matt had a drink from QT and Mason asked, "Is that wine!?" 😂

"Oh my goodness gracious!"

He came to the desk one day and said, "I'm checking in. Mason Matthew Morgan. M A S O N"

We need to bring Maddox to monster truck jam when he's a kid. 😊

While at a friend's house, the song "Can't Stop the Feeling" comes on and Mason says: "This is my beat!" Yep, it sure is!

Mason made a new friend at the park the other day and we talked to him some, learned his name, etc. They played for the longest time together. The little boy was there with his grandfather who he called "Pop Pop". This is of significance because Mason also has a PopPop. Later on, Mason and I were discussing Nehemiah,  his playing with him, etc and Mason says, "He had a PopPop, too! But his PopPop was different than mine." I paused to see what he might say because Nehemiah and his PopPop were black and while we didn't point that out and had no reason to do so, I was curious what Mason would say. He continues on to say, "They were different because my PopPop has a hurt back and his didn't." I had never been prouder of him. We love all people fiercely and pray our boys do the same. We have read books about people of color and talked about how those of color have been mistreated at times, etc. I was so impressed that Mason continues to look past color or even not see it at all. I love him so.



No comments:

Post a Comment