Thursday, January 23, 2014

Praying for Boys {A Book Review}

I recently received the book, Praying for Boys, by Brooke McGlothlin from Bethany House to review. As most of you know, I just became a Mom in November when my son Mason was born. So, not only am I new to being a boy mom, I'm new to being a Mom in general!


The first thing that I loved about this book is that the author, Brooke, did not try to pretend that she had all of the answers to how to pray for your son, how to raise Godly men, etc. In fact, just after the book begins she says:  

"If you're looking for a book to teach you how to raise godly men, Praying for Boys isn't it. Neither is it a book that promises five easy ways to produce a boy to be proud of. In fact, it isn't really about you at all. It's a book about the God who loves your son more than you do and wants to work in his heart and life in spite of you as you pray and desperately seek Him."


This book begins by giving just a quick insight into the importance of praying for our sons, a little bit about how Brooke does that for her boys, and what it's like to be going it alone either as a single mother or a Christian wife who doesn't have a Christian husband. Then, she really gets to the meat of the matter and gives many areas where ours sons need our prayers the most. Prayers and scripture for each area are provided and honestly, it's just crazy powerful!

I am looking forward to using this book in some way or another in the years to come as I pray for my little guy to know the Lord. 

Thank you, Brooke, for writing such a great book and honestly, just being the vessel God used to show boy moms the way to pray for our sons. 




1 comment:

  1. I just posted a review of this book today too! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete