Sunday, May 7, 2017

Are My Kids On Track? by Sissy Goff, David Thomas, Melissa Trevathan


Since Mason was born in November 2013, I have read at least 20 parenting books. They have ranged the gamete really and I'm being 100% honest when I say that Are My Kids On Track by Sissy Goff, David Thomas, and Melissa Trevathan is in my top three. 

Are My Kids on Track is a unique book in that it covered 12 different milestones in the areas of emotional, social and spiritual. The authors shared that certain milestones build on others and that you truly must start at the base level to help your children build a well-rounded personality/being. 

I loved that this book shared about boys and girls for each milestone because I truly believe that boys and girls can vary so much in particular developmental areas. Matt and I pray that our boys will be strong men and leaders and this book boosted my confidence that we are able to do that as parents, along with God's help, of course!

The authors of this book are christian counselors with many years of experience and they give practical tips at the end of each chapter on how to apply these building blocks to your children's lives and help them to develop them. 

I cannot recommend this book enough! 

I received this book from the publisher for free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment